Valid CA Special Education Credential (Intern, Preliminary, Clear, Level 1, Level 2 acceptable)
Who We Are:
Point Quest Education is a community of life-long learners who respect the individual needs of our students. Point Quest believes that everyone deserves to learn in a safe, caring and supportive environment fostered by integrity and positive relationships with students and staff. High expectations for success are sought through appropriate instruction and intervention, which allows for individual difference and learning styles.
Why Should you Apply?
• Competitive pay
• Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
• 401(k) with a company match
• Vacation for full-time employees
• Sick pay
• Flexible schedules
• Team environment
• Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Teacher’s instructional duties include, but are not limited to: writing IEPs (Individual Education Plan) and ITPs (Individual Transition Plan), developing academic and behavioral programs, delivering instruction (in the following domains: community, vocational, leisure, domestic, academic, independent living skills, and social skills), reporting on student progress, developing the classroom schedule, maintaining student data systems, and creating and facilitating student transition plans. Instruction will emphasize acquisition of functional and academic skills in the least restrictive manner and setting as specified in the IEP.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The essential duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the items below:
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor, communicates effectively, and interfaces with multi-disciplinary team, parents, caregivers, social services, district personnel and other outside support agencies.
• Individualize curriculum to meet student’s specific needs/learning styles.
• Maintain a highly structured classroom and appropriate level of student supervision at all times.
• Develop Individual Education Plan (IEP) reports, goals, and objectives, attend IEP meetings, establish, maintain and work toward student goals as outlined in the IEP.
• Administer standardized and non-standardized tests, develop curriculum and lesson plans, as per state framework.
• Prepare lesson plans, progress reports, report cards, incident reports in a timely manner.
• Develop behavior management skills and implement school-wide behavior management plan in the classroom.
• Provide for the basic physical needs of students (e.g., toileting and diapering, ensure students receive their medications, assist with feeding students, assist with hygiene, etc).
• Implement Professional Assault Crisis Training (Pro-ACT) in the classroom.
• Attend in-service trainings and all other required meetings.
• Observe and record student progress daily. • Complete additional assignments as specified by the supervisor.
Supervise Education Assistants and One on One Aides in their daily duties in and out of the classroom.
Provide constructive feedback and initiate corrective actions when needed. Provide feedback and input into the completion of the performance appraisal process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to create measurable learning objectives and guide students toward mastery.
• Ability to organize time to maximize opportunities for instruction.
• Ability to correct student errors in a positive and timely manner.
• Ability to identify and recommend students for WorkAbility and assist in supervision of on campus classroom job assignments.
• Ability to effectively utilize a problem-solving approach when in conflict with others.
• Ability to utilize support staff effectively to ensure safety.
• Knowledge and a demonstrated understanding of applicable students' diagnoses.
• Skilled in exhibiting behaviors that reflect a positive attitude.
• Understand and utilize a variety of incentives and rewards, both tangible and social.
*This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
PQI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.